Thursday, March 20, 2008

Breaks my Heart...

In the past day or two there have been a couple situations where people have been dicussing the topics of "Is God Real" and "Creation or Evolution." (Both have been on Facebook). I don't neccessarily mind these discussions...except for the fact that there are those that are SO closed minded and are SO solid in the belief that God is fake and that Evolution is fact...for me this gets so frustrating because no matter what...there is no convincing them...

and for me it's such an easy answer...my faith comes SO simply and easily...and i'm extremely thankful for that...i don't understand how someone can say they've never experienced God and they don't believe that there is any trace of His power ANYWHERE...for me, even the complexity of a baby forming in the womb or just the beauty of the Earth is enough to show me that...I wish people realized that when they even feel the emotion of love or compassion or something of that nature that God has a hand in that!!

i know that no one will be able to see or feel God's love without the Holy Spirit's work within them...but sometimes i wish what i said, or a fellow Christian said, would be enough sometimes...it would be a lot less frustrating and depressing...

And it breaks my heart to know that it will take the worst experience imaginable for some to finally understand what they missed out on during their life on earth...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes people mask the real pain in their lives with anger about these sorts of things... as a wise man once said... the problem is never the problem. But I know what you mean. Sometimes it would be nice to know that someone is listening! But the funny thing is that as time goes by you end up realizing that much of what you say isn't all that awesome anyway... well, at least I do. Every five years I realize that the last five years I was totally full of crap. I guess that could be considered encouragement. At least people aren't listening to what I'm going to think is crap in 5 years! :)

Beaner said...

haha yeah no kidding...that's another thing too, there's so many times that someone has had an argument supporting atheism or evolution...and i can't think of a single thing to rebuttle it...i just don't have the gift of putting my words together to support my views...ya know what i mean?

Anonymous said...

I think the gift is likely not being able to put the words together...

I just had that thought... I think it might actually be profound.